The sweet white table grape – mostly grown in the Western Cape – is a popular summertime fruit in South Africa. Known for its high antioxidant and low sodium and calories content, white grapes are a natural complement to small, tasty starters such as cold meats, seafood delicacies and rich cheeses.
Store manager Quinton Mostert from Food Lover’s Market at Mall @ Newmarket says: “White table grapes perfectly round off any Italian antipasto platter – all the ingredients for the Italian antipasto are conveniently located in our store at the deli department, which boasts a robust range of local and imported olives, cheese and deli meats.”
Put your best foot forward this summer and wow your friends and family with an amazing quick and easy antipasto platter.
Pepperoni, salami, ham and prosciutto
A wheel of creamy brie cheese
1. Display the meats and creamy brie cheese on a large cutting board or flat platter and allow to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
2. For crockery and cutlery – Place cheese knives next to the cheese, small forks for the meats, and a small bowl for anything such as olive pits or used toothpicks.
3. Place the crackers in a basket on the side or directly on the board. Arrange the grapes and roasted vegetables on the board or in small decorative bowls
The Alberton RECORD in collaboration with Food Lover’s Market at Mall @ Newmarket is giving you a chance to win a R500 voucher redeemable at Food Lover’s Market at Mall @ Newmarket.
To enter simply email your name, surname, identity number, postal details and contact numbers to the Alberton RECORD on [email protected], with the subject line: Tip of the Week.
Winners will be contacted via email and vouchers will be sent via mail, courtesy of Food Lover’s Market.
Entries close on Friday November 18, at 12:00.
Strictly one entry per email address.
See terms and conditions of voucher below:
1. Voucher not redeemable for cash.
2. Voucher entitles the bearer to R500 worth of purchases at Food Lover’s Market at Mall @ Newmarket
3. Valid for three years from the date issued.
4. Food Lover’s Market and Alberton RECORD employees are not eligible to enter the competition.
Add us on WhatsApp today! Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.