It’s official! Food Lover’s Market Grabouw Boerewors and Food Lover’s Signature Tomato Sauce have been voted the best in South Africa, by a panel of readers in the Sunday Times Food Awards Series.
The Food Lover’s Market Grabouw Boerewors is described by Sunday Times readers as a juicy boerewors with good flavour, while the tomato sauce is described as spicy, with a great texture and natural taste.
Quinton Mostert, store manager at Food Lover’s Market at Mall @ Newmarket, gave us some tips for preparing the perfect boerewors:
· Use moderate heat – the key to juicy and flavourful boerewors, is using low to medium heat and turning the boerewors frequently.
· Keep it coiled – boerewors is easily handled when kept in a coiled shape and should be turned and flipped using tongs. Keeping the coil shape allows the length of the casing to stay in contact; and retain the natural meat mixture.
· Grilling and Resting – boerewors requires 20 minutes to be grilled over coals and once both sides of the outside are golden brown, the boerewors is done – remove boerewors and allow it to rest for one to two minutes, while the concealed heat continues to cook the meat.
Enjoy your two number one favourites this weekend – because what is boerewors without tomato sauce?
The Alberton RECORD and Food Lover’s Market at Mall @ Newmarket, is giving you a chance to win a R500 voucher redeemable at Food Lover’s Market at Mall @ Newmarket.
To enter simply email your name, surname, identity number, postal details and contact numbers to the Alberton RECORD on [email protected], with the subject line: Tip of the Week.
Winners will be contacted via email and vouchers will be sent via mail, courtesy of Food Lover’s Market.
Entries close on Friday December 9, at 12:00.
Strictly one entry per email address.
See terms and conditions of voucher below:
1. Voucher not redeemable for cash.
2. Voucher entitles the bearer to R500 worth of purchases at Food Lover’s Market at Mall @ Newmarket
3. Valid for three years from the date issued.
4. Food Lover’s Market and Alberton Record employees are not eligible to enter the competition.
Add us on WhatsApp today! Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.