THE DOC Mountain Bikers are hosting a ladies fun charity ride for the Broken Wings Centre for Adults with disabilities as well as Alberton SPCA on Woman’s Day, August 9.
Calling on all ladies and men, young and old (kids and grandparents too). Bring with you a mountain bike, borrowed or owned for just one day, it makes no difference, and come and join in the fun. The ride will meander along the dirt roads towards the Heineken Brewery, where there will be a water point stop.
After a fill-up and some laughs, the fun trail will continue onwards to the Circus. On arrival, the Circus Coffee shop will host you with their traditional Cappuccino and Banana Bread combo (included in the entry fee).
The route will be mostly off-road, at a pace suitable for everyone, keeping in mind the DOC motto “we leave no one behind”. For those riders who would like to extend the fun ride further, join the DOC’s on their ride home to Rietvlei Farm afterwards.
Whether you are adventurous, looking for a fun day out with the DOC family or just want to contribute to this charity ride, please email [email protected] or WhatsApp on 073 070 0404 for further information.
Need to know:
- Registration: From 7am at Randwater Board (where Summer Fast One took place)
- (First 80 paid entrants receive a water bottle with squirt chain lube.)
- Departure Time: 07.45am to leave at 8am
- Starting Point: Randwater Board (Note to those wanting to park and leave their vehicles at Randwater Board – parking is at owner’s risk)
- Water Point: Behind the Heineken Brewery, off the R550
- Halfway Point: Circus Coffee Shop, Springbok Road, Daleside. (Take the Randvaal offramp).
Add us on WhatsApp today! Alberton Record: 060 644 5264 Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.