THE RECORD is aware that community members often struggle to report their municipal issues, be it electrical, sewerage, rubbish or other kinds of complaints.
Please take note of the following procedure to effectively report an issue to the EMM or the council:
• Call the call centre on 086 054 3000, email them at [email protected], or SMS ‘EMM’ followed by the details of your complaint to 30788.
• Once you get through to them and report your issue, be sure to ask for a reference number. Write it down and keep it safe.
• If the problem is not resolved within a few days, you can then contact your councillor, explain the issue to them, provide your reference number and the councillor will take the issue further.
Only in urgent cases, contact the councillor pertinent to your area:
• Bruna Haipel (Meyersdal): 082 454 6956 / [email protected]
• Tiaan Kotze (Alberton North): 079 893 8404 / [email protected]
• Malcolm Maifala (Brackenhurst / Brackendowns): 084 020 7479 / [email protected]
• Marina van Wyk (Alrode / Alrode South): 063 658 5345 / [email protected]
Add us on WhatsApp today! Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.