RECENTLY a group focus meeting was held to discuss the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality’s (EMM’s) proposed overflow pipeline in Meyersdal.
At the meeting, one of the councillors for Alberton, alderman Bruna Haipel, raised the following concerns over the proposed pipeline:
• Diverted water must not be channelled into the stormwater network and wasted.
• Indigenous vegetation must be retained/replaced.
• The project must be expedited so as not to cause too much disruption in area.
• The project must be fully monitored.
• There must be permission from Environmental Affairs and a water licence must be granted.
The project will possibly only start in April or May after all approvals have been received.
The RECORD contacted the EMM for comment, but nothing was forthcoming.
Add us on WhatsApp today! Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.