Feeling overwhelmed by the weight of adulting? Maybe you celebrated your 21st birthday many years ago, graduated from school or are already working professionally but you’re still frazzled by the prospect of being grown-up.
Being an adult means getting used to being tired all the time, not having enough money to do things you love and constantly looking to your pre-adult years as the best time of your life. Well that can change, you can stop the cycle of bad adulting. Here are some tips to help you along:
1. Start a first aid kit/DIY medicine cabinet
Nothing is worse than being sick and unable to afford medication or going to the doctor. If medical aid is still not a possibility on your journey to adulting, then start your very own first aid kit and DIY medicine cabinet so that you’re prepared for any emergency. Some items you might need are aspirin, allergy medicine, plasters, and disinfectant among other things.
2. Stash some cash
Saving money can make adulting a whole lot easier. The best way to ensure financial success is to always stash a percentage of your money, do not be tempted into a life of credit until you are sure you can afford it and keep your expenses low. There are also apps like STASH, which help you save your change every time you purchase anything.
3. Keep these items in your car
If you have a car, make sure you have these items; an extra tyre, a bottle of water, a blanket/towel, a torch, a snack of some kind and a spare cellphone or battery/charger. You just never know when you’ll be stuck in the middle of nowhere during an emergency.
4. Always have these products in your house
- Apple Cider Vinegar – it’s good for cooking, cleaning and skin care.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – it can help disinfect wounds and can eliminate airborne germs amongs many other things.
- Baking soda – it’s great for skin care, cooking and baking.
- Coconut oil – it’s awesome for cooking, skin-care, hair care and has many other functions.