Autumn is the perfect month to take care of yourself before the cold sets in. The change of season will probably leave your skin feeling dry and your body more tired. Either way, you can use some of these home remedies to maintain your body, skin and teeth, just try out these hacks:
For your skin
- Honey can heal scars from acne or cuts, just dab a little bit and leave on for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- For softer skin, add rose water and coconut oil in your bath and soak in it for 20 minutes.
- Shrink a pimple by dabbing some Listerine on it. The alcohol will dry it up and cause it to fade.
- Apple cider vinegar is effective at removing warts and skin tags.
For your body
- If you suffer from acne on your neck, back and body, make sure you do an Epson salt bath once a week – not only will it clear the skin but also leave you relaxed and rejuvenated.
- As awful as it would be in colder days, a cold shower not only stimulates the immune system, it also helps to keep you alert, prevents colds, stimulates anti-depression hormones, accelerates your metabolism and tightens the skin.
- A warm shower relaxes muscles, lowers body tension, alleviates migranes, reduces swelling, acts as a nasal decongestant, removes toxins from the skin, opens pores and cleans the skin.
For your hair
- Get rid of unwanted hair anywhere by mixing two tablespoons of coffee grind and one teaspoon of baking soda. Rub the mixture in the chosen area for one week. The baking soda intensifies the compounds of the coffee and breaks down hair follicles.
- If you want your hair to grow quicker, you can massage aloe vera or coconut oil on your scalp and rinse after a few minutes. These ingredients stimulate hair growth.