Chances are you already have the ingredients in your cupboards, so no need to stop at the shops on your way to fetch the kiddos.
You will need:
- One large egg, lightly beaten.
- Half a cup dry bread crumbs.
- Half a cup finely chopped onion.
- Half a cup finely chopped green pepper.
- A quarter cup barbecue sauce.
- 750g mince.
- Three tablespoons tomato sauce.
- Additional tomato sauce, optional.
ALSO READ: 30-minute meals: Honey-mustard sausages
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Mix the egg, bread crumbs, onion, green pepper and barbecue sauce. Add the mince and mix lightly but thoroughly. Press about a third of a cup into 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Brush tops with three tablespoons of tomato sauce and bake for a further five to seven minutes. If desired, serve with additional tomato sauce.
- Recipe obtained from www.tasteofhome.com.