In addition to the 95 primary healthcare facilities, the City of Ekurhuleni has an additional 14 mobile clinics that travel to the length and breadth of informal settlements to provide much needed care to residents.
The mobile clinics visits identified informal settlements across the City and operates from 09:00 to 15:00 with a dedicated team consisting of two nurses and a driver. The team works tirelessly to nurse the community that is not within a 3-5 km radius from an established clinic.
The services rendered include but not limited to:
- Minor acute ailments
- Child health care: Growth and development monitoring
- Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI)
- Integrated management of childhood illnesses (IMCI)
- Fertility planning services (FPS)
- The cervical cancer (Pap-smear) screening
- HIV testing Services
- Provision of nutritional supplements
- Other health screening, such as blood pressure (BP), blood glucose (BG), weight and cholesterol screening
Below is a table of the operating times and service points the mobile clinics operate at:
Add us on WhatsApp today! Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.
Remember to visit our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. You can also email our offices on [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]
Get regular news updates sent directly to your inbox: Newsletter-Signup